The Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to host a full day research grant writing proposal seminar for WSU faculty and advanced graduate students in the Arts and Humanities. The Office of the Vice President for Research is sponsoring the cost to bring AtKisson Training Group to campus.
Light morning refreshments and lunch will be served.
- This session will combine lecture format and engagement activities, and will be customized based on potential funding targets indicated by registrants. This full day session is designed to convey the fundamentals of proposal writing, with concepts backed up with concrete tips and operational strategies.
- A combination of didactic presentation, “in-classroom flipped classroom”, and audience participation to engage participants will be used throughout the day.
- Targeted learning outcomes include understanding of the preparation steps before writing, techniques for creating a strong argument for the proposed project, techniques for communicating the approach clearly, and understanding how these techniques connect to the process by which a grant proposal is reviewed.
- This will be a fairly broad-based training, with some emphasis on key agencies determined by registrant interest.
- Integrated into the session will be ways to make the proposal process part of the everyday academic process, and to strategically plan for longer-term funding.
Registration is limited! Registration and requested information needs to be completed by February 27, 2019 for the seminar on March 7, 2019.
The Office of the Vice President for Research is covering the full costs for the seminar and refreshments. Registrants must be nominated by a university official – department chair for faculty members, faculty researcher for postdoctoral fellows, and graduate advisor for graduate students. Please provide the name and email of your nominating official at the time of registration.
5057 Woodward 6th floor Conference Room A
Detroit, MI 48202
For more information about this event, please contact Sarah James at 577- 8997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.