Wayne State University (WSU) will host the second joint colloquium on May 22, 2017 with Shanghai Medical College at Fudan University with a focus on cancer, extending the cancer biology theme of the initial Fudan University - WSU colloquium in May 2015 hosted by Fudan University in Shanghai, China. This colloquium series builds upon an initial collaboration established in 2014 between WSU and the Institute of Biomedical Sciences and the Shanghai Medical College at Fudan University.
The colloquium will feature advances in the area of genetic and epigenetic modulations of cancer and is part of a broader partnership initiative with Fudan University that includes biomedical engineering, metabolic diseases, molecular imaging, population health and a variety of programs in various schools and colleges at WSU.
The colloquium is free, but registration is required.
Abstract and poster submissions related to the topic will be accepted. The submission deadline is April 15, 2017. To submit, visit here.
- TITLE: the title must be brief and indicate clearly the nature of the investigation.
- AUTHOR NAMES: include name, department and university affiliation. List all authors in the order they should appear in the abstract byline. Designate a presenting author.
- ABSTRACT BODY: The abstract title should be entered in small case, with only the first letter of the first word uppercased. Please avoid using ALL CAPS for abstract titles, quotation marks and bold fonts. The abstract body is limited to 3000 characters including spaces.
- A maximum of 3 references may be included.
- Size Limitation: No larger than 48 inches high by 72 inches wide.
- Required Elements: Title, authors, and abstract (as described above), graphic elements and references.
Colloquium Tentative Schedule
8:00 a.m.: Welcome – President M. Roy Wilson, Wayne State University
8:05 a.m.: Welcome & Introduction – Ahmad Ezzeddine, associate vice president, Educational Outreach and International Programs, and Stephen M. Lanier, vice president for Research, Wayne State University
8:30 a.m.: Fei Chen, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, “Mineral dust-induced gene (mdig) and epigenetics, 20 years of digging”
9:15 a.m.: Fei Lan, Fudan University
“Controlling enhancer overactivation by a chromatin complex containing RACK7/KDM5C”
10:00 a.m.: Break & Poster Viewing
10:30 a.m.: Qing-Sheng Mi, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Health System and Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine
“miRNAs regulate immunity and serve as biomarkers for melanoma”
11:15 a.m.: Wenqiang Yu, Fudan University
“miRNAs in the nucleus from silencing to activation
Noon: Lunch & Poster Viewing
1:30 p.m.: Bo Wen, Fudan University
“Long non-coding RNAs as regulators of metabolism”
2:15 p.m.: Yubin Ge, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute
“Targeting Histone Deacetylases for the Treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia”
3:00 p.m.: Break & Poster Viewing
3:30 p.m.: Benjamin Kidder, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute
“Histone modifying enzymes in stem cell fate decisions and genome stability”
4:15 p.m.: Summary/Future Perspectives
4:30: p.m.: Poster Viewing
5:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Reception – IBio Lobby
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie O’Connor at 313-577-8845.
Integrative Biosciences Center 1st Floor Conference Center
6135 Woodward Ave.
Detroit , MI 48202
For more information about this event, please contact Julie O'Connor at 313-577-8845 or email@example.com.